Are you struggling to augment profit in your e-commerce business?
You need to gear up the email marketing in this sector.
The e-commerce email marketing industry has been growing very fast for the last few years.
According to the latest report, social media has increased online sales by 714%.
It has created a new avenue for businesses that want to grow online and ready to introduce an entirely new selling channel to the retailers.
You will be astonished to see the rapid growth in the e-commerce zone over the past five years.
Online retailers are slowly moving beyond only selling their products. They want to establish their brand identity and build a relationship with their customers on an e-commerce website, as observed by Jack Lowinger, CEO of Cartonomy.
This blog explains how a hybrid email delivery solution is one of the most critical factors for e-commerce email marketing campaigns and the best e-commerce strategy.
Hybrid email delivery in the world of e-commerce email marketing
Have you decided to set up your own e-commerce business? It looks excellent when some customers and your company start sailing smoothly. However, this task of attracting customers through brand name awareness is not that easy; neither is it too difficult if you implement the right strategy in marketing such as hybrid email delivery.
Not only that, email marketing has even outsmarted social media channels like Facebook and Twitter. It is not all that surprising. If you have a Facebook fan page, then a minuscule percentage of people (around 32%) will visit that page to see the updates that you post to your timeline. Facebook will want to buy their advertising to promote your update.
Therefore, it can come under lousy investment for the mall business. Also, it falls into the category of bad investment for small companies and startups. Statistics say that:
About 2.05 billion online customers buy products from a digital platform.
According to the latest statistics, over 80% of retail professionals firmly believe that email marketing is the most excellent tool for customer retention.
They have also found out that average customer lifetime value (CLV) lasts longer for those who have come through email than those through social media.
Email marketing does not necessarily mean that it can be part of promotional marketing emails. It should be a combination of different marketing practices like Regular campaigns, Plain text campaigns, RSS Feed campaigns, and the Trigger campaign.
Less pocket pinch for the SMBs
Small and medium e-commerce email marketing businesses will always seek such a form of marketing in an e-commerce platform, which will not cost them a bomb as they have a limited budget. Therefore, email marketing is one of the most pocket-friendly models of marketing whereby they can distribute their brand name to the masses just by a click.
This form of marketing does not incur extra expenses like print or postage costs as well as fees not required in exchange for exposure on a particular billboard, magazine, or television channel. Most of the SMBs should invest in email marketing as the level of ROI is fantastic.
In 2011, the Direct Marketing Association came up with this incredible estimation that the email marketing typically gives an ROI of 40 pounds for every 1 pound of spend. Isn’t this remarkable?
Various e-commerce email delivery solution
There are different email marketing solutions that the SMBs can choose from depending on their business. The same concept applies to the e-commerce business, whereby they can benefit from the various email marketing solutions.
- Email Service Providers (ESPs)
These provide email marketing services to its customers, which include many other services other than sending email messages. Such features and functionalities are campaign management, segmentation, etc. They provide such services through SaaS Solution. In ESPs or SaaS solutions, the price will keep on increasing with an increased volume of mail.
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) Relays
SMTP relay servers provide services whereby the customer can send email messages. However, this entity lacks other essential features that are critical to successfully lead a marketing campaign like campaign management tools, list management & segmentation, insights into email delivery reports, etc. These, too, are cloud-based services. SMTP relays include Amazon SES, Mandrill, Send Grid, MailGun, etc. SMTP is more cost-efficient than other email marketing solutions.
- On Premise MTAs (Mail Transfer Agents)
These are created within the organization and found operating within the organization premises, whereby it provides email messaging services. Just like SMTP, these lack front end management features for an e-commerce email marketing campaign. These include Port 25, Power MTA, Green Arrow. They have visibility, granular control, and configuration compared to a SaaS solution. On-Premise MTAs are cost-effective when many emails have sent.
Advantages of using Hybrid Email Delivery Solution
- Improved Email Open Rate
Due to the multi-channel email delivery system, the open email rate also increases to a large extent. Email infrastructure plays a significant role when it comes to high email delivery and open rate. Only through correct incorporation and implementation of technology such as hybrid email delivery improves email inbox deliverability and open rate as well.
Related : How to Increase Your Email Open Rate
- Automated Email List Segmentation
A hybrid email marketing solution enables the email marketer automatically to generate a new segment inside the existing email list. It helps them to predefine the email list segmentation based on different conditions. In the future, they can use this segmentation to send email campaigns at various categories based on the customer’s interest in a particular product.
- Cut Down Email Marketing Budget
A hybrid email marketing solution (hybrid email delivery solution) is ideal for small, medium, and large enterprise businesses. The use of most efficient and suitable relay servers out of numerous SMTPs serves at their best, thereby increasing the mail deliverability rate to a large extent and thus improving the overall ROI for your email marketing campaign. Follow the blog post to optimize your email marketing budget. Here are some quotes boasted by industry experts:
Are you limiting your reach to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest? Don’t forget about YouTube: compared to other social media platforms, YouTube has the highest pages per visit, the most extended visit duration, and the lowest average bounce rate. (Shareaholic)
Email marketing has an ROI of 3,800%! (Diving Point)
Email marketing is so effective– in fact, its customer’s acquisition rates have quadrupled over the past four years.
71% of mobile purchasing decisions get influenced by emails from companies. (Adobe)
- Sending email with high-speed (working)
Sending marketing emails in the e-commerce platform as a part of an email campaign has become such a complex phenomenon that it has almost grown out of reach for small and medium businesses for sending volume emails to the subscribers.
Hybrid Email Delivery Solution from EasySendy Pro:
EasySendy Pro is a web-based email marketing solution that follows the concept of hybrid email delivery, thus helping small and medium businesses who are into e-commerce. It allows companies to reach their subscribers through quick emails.
It ensures high email delivery into the subscriber’s inbox, resulting in a high open-rate and higher ROI for email marketing campaigns. The micro-deliverability factors can drastically change the email deliverability rate for the e-commerce email marketing campaign as they send emails on a bulk basis every day to their customers.
Therefore, they need a quick email marketing solution that will not only land the email in the subscriber’s inbox but also improve the open email rate and the click-through rate. Given below are the features and the advantages:
- Pro has this unique feature whereby the user can swap from one SMTP relay server to another SMTP relay server as per the need of the business. Therefore, this is an excellent advantage for the e-commerce business as they can choose or any from an existing SMTP relay server to another SMTP relay server as per their choice and need painlessly. It will also help them to deliver emails in a large quantity at high speed; that would also be cost-effective.
- Pro always focuses on improving the open email rate. Again a significant advantage for the e-commerce email marketing campaign as the more the open email rate will grow, the more profit they will gain.
- Pro also has the feature to execute micro-segmentation in the existing email list. It is particularly beneficial for the e-commerce business as they will be able to send marketing emails to their subscribers based on their interests or gender.
- Pro also has an advanced feature to personalize the email campaign, which is yet again, another advantage for the e-commerce business.
- Last but not least, Pro has the hands-on benefits to optimize email marketing budget. It is a crucial feature, especially for small e-commerce email marketing businesses, as they tend to send emails in bulk to their customers. They will only have to pay for the sent emails.
Advanced Features of EasySendy Pro For E-commerce Email Marketing
- Pro has been added with the feature to export all subscribers at once from all lists, and the user can also add company websites to list company fields.
- The user can manually subscribe to request approval in the email list.
- EasySendy Pro has been ad combined with the feature whereby a customer can add custom campaign tags, thereby enabling every data under that tag to appear at the same time.
- The user can even retry sending a campaign in case of a failure.
- One can also optionally track open.
- Pro has also been added with more options to click stats exporting.
- Customer register form gets combined with captcha.
- Also, one has the advantage now to display and search in lists, campaigns, and subscribers by their unique ID.
Hybrid email marketing solution, which allow the core functionality to be maintained in the cloud while accessing data from the centralized location play a significant role in meeting the tough challenges ahead. With hybrid email delivery solution, the e-commerce email marketing business can have the best of both worlds.
The e-commerce email marketing campaign will be combining the security of in-house, on-premise technology and pairing it with the convenience of cloud to help e-commerce retailers communicate with the customers in a broader aspect throughout the customer lifecycle journey.