The e-commerce email marketing industry has been growing very fast for last few years. By the year 2016, online sales driven by social media will grow 93% per year. It has created a new avenue for businesses who want to go online and has introduced an entirely new selling channel to the retailers. It is almost unbelievable to think how far the industry has come in such a short span time in past five years. Online retailers are slowly moving beyond only selling their product. They want to establish their brand identity and build a relationship with their customers, as observed by Jack Lowinger, CEO of Cartonomy. This blog explains how hybrid email delivery solution is one of the most important factor for e-commerce email marketing campaigns.
Hybrid email delivery in the world of e-commerce email marketing
You have decided to set up your own e-commerce business, and it looks, great! All that is needed are some customers, and your business will start sailing smooth. However, this task of attracting customers and making your brand name known to them is not all that easy neither is it too difficult if you implement the right strategy such as hybrid email delivery. In the world outside, you kickstart with some word of mouth action, however on the web, this does not work much to help your business grow.
Not only that, email marketing has even outsmarted social media channels like Facebook and Twitter. This is not all that surprising. If you have a Facebook fan page, then a minuscule percentage of people (around 16%) will visit that page to see the updates that you post to your timeline. Facebook will want to buy their advertising to promote your update. Therefore, it is considered to be a bad investment for the mall business. Also, falls in the category of bad investment for small businesses. Statistics say that:
72 billion customers do shopping on 86 different sites.
It was found that over past four years, online retailers have quadrupled the rate customers acquired through email to nearly 7%.
They have also found out that average customer lifetime value (CLV) lasts longer for those who have come through email than those through social media.
Stats Report Source: Custora
Email marketing does not necessary means it should only be put to use for promotional marketing emails. It should be a combination of different marketing practices like Regular campaigns, Plain text campaign, RSS Feed campaign and Trigger campaign.
Less pocket pinch for the SMBs:
Small and medium scale e-commerce email marketing business will always seek for such form of marketing which will not cost them a bomb as they have a limited budget. Therefore, email marketing is one of the most pocket-friendly mode of marketing whereby they can distribute their brand name to the mass just by a click. This form of marketing does not incur extra expense like print or postage cost as well as no fees are needed to be paid in exchange for exposure on a certain billboard, magazine or television channel. Most of the SMBs should invest in email marketing as the level of ROI is fantastic.
In 2011, the Direct Marketing Association came up with this incredible estimation that the email marketing typically gives an ROI of 40 pounds for every 1 pound of spend. Isn’t this remarkable?
Various e-commerce email delivery solution
As it has been mentioned at the beginning of this post, there are different email marketing solutions that the SMBs can choose from depending on their business. The same concept applies to the e-commerce business whereby they can benefit from the various email marketing solution.
- Email Service Providers (ESPs)
These provide email marketing services to its customers which include many other services other than sending email messages. Such features and functionalities are campaign management, segmentation, etc. They provide such services through SaaS Solution. In ESPs or SaaS solution, the price will keep on increasing with increased volume of mail.
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) Relays
SMTP relay servers provide services whereby the customer can send email messages. However, this entity lacks other essential features that are critical to successfully lead a marketing campaign like campaign management tools, list management & segmentation, insights into email delivery reports, etc. These too are cloud-based services. SMTP relays include Amazon SES, Mandrill, Send Grid, MailGun, etc. SMTP relay servers are more cost efficient than other email marketing solution.
- On Premise MTAs (Mail Transfer Agents)
These are created within the organization and are found operating within the organization premises whereby it provides email messaging services. Just like SMTP, these too lack front end management features for an e-commerce email marketing campaign. These include Port 25, Power MTA, Green Arrow. They have visibility, granular control, and configuration compared to SaaS solution. On Premise MTAs are cost effective when a large number of emails has to be sent.
- SaaS Solution (Software as a Service)
SaaS is licensed software hosted by a third party. It is made available to its user/customers on its subscription basis. These applications are installed in a public domain and are made available to its users through internet. This is how it is different from the locally installed software. SaaS applications has lower cost entry and is more scalable. The security and IT infrastructure responsibility are within the vendor itself.
Therefore, based on their needs the various e-commerce companies can make use of any of the e-commerce marketing solutions.
“You can’t wait for the customers to come to you. You have to figure out where they are, go there and drag them back to your store”.–Paul Graham, Y Combinator
Advantages of using Hybrid Email Delivery Solution
- Improved Email Open Rate
Due multi-channel email delivery system, the email open rate also increases to a large extent. Email infrastructure plays a great role when it comes to high email delivery and open rate. Only through correct incorporation and implementation of technology such as hybrid email delivery improves email inbox deliverability and open rate as well.
Related : How to Increase Your Email Open Rate
- Automated Email List Segmentation
This is a great feature. Hybrid email marketing solution enables email marketer automatically to generate a new segment inside the existing email list. This helps them to predefine the email list segmentation based on different conditions and in future they can use this segmentation to send email campaigns at various categories based on the customer’s interest in a particular product.
- Cut Down Email Marketing Budget
Hybrid email marketing solution ( hybrid email delivery solution) is ideal for small, medium and large enterprise business. The use of most efficient and suitable relay servers out of numerous SMTPs serves at their best thereby increasing mail deliverability rate to a large extent and thus improving the overall ROI for your email marketing campaign. Follow the blog post to optimize your email marketing budget. Here are some of the quotes boasted by industry experts:
Are you limiting your reach to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest? Don’t forget about YouTube: compared to other social media platforms, YouTube has the highest pages per visit, longest visit duration, and lowest average bounce rate. (Shareaholic)
Email marketing has an ROI of 4300%! ( Direct Marketing Association)
Email marketing is so effective– in fact, its customer’s acquisition rates have quadrupled over past four years. ( Custora)
71% of mobile purchasing decisions are most influenced by emails from companies. (Adobe)
- Sending email with high-speed (working)
Sending marketing emails in the e-commerce platform as a part of an email campaign has become such a complex phenomenon that it has almost become out of reach for small and medium business to send volume emails and actually to have them arrive in the subscriber’s inbox.
Hybrid Email Delivery Solution from EasySendy Pro:
EasySendy Pro is a web-based email marketing solution which follows the concept of hybrid email delivery thus helping small and medium business who are into e-commerce. It helps business to reach to their subscribers through high-speed emails. It ensures high email delivery into the subscriber’s inbox, resulting in high open rate and higher ROI for email marketing campaigns. The micro-deliverability factors can drastically change the email deliverability rate for the e-commerce email marketing campaign as they send emails on a bulk basis every day to their customers. Therefore they need a quick email marketing solution that will not only land the email in the subscriber’s inbox but also improve the email open rate and the click through rate. Given below are the features and the advantages:
- Pro has this unique feature whereby the user can swap from one SMTP relay server to another SMTP relay server as per the need of the business. Therefore, this a great advantage for the e-commerce business as they can choose or any from an existing SMTP relay server to another SMTP relay server as per their choice and need painlessly. This will also help them to deliver emails in a large quantity at a high speed; that would also be cost effective.
- Pro always focus on improving the email open rate. Again a big advantage for the e-commerce email marketing campaign as the more the email open rate will improve, the more profit they will gain.
- Pro also has the feature whereby micro-segmentation can be done in the existing email list. This is particularly beneficial for the e-commerce business as they will be able to send marketing email to their subscribers based on their interest or gender.
- Pro also has the advanced feature to personalize email campaign which is yet again another advantage for the e-commerce business.
- Last but not the least, Pro has the hands-on benefits to optimize email marketing budget. This is a crucial feature especially for the small scale e-commerce email marketing business as they tend to send emails in bulk to their customers. They will only have to pay for the sent emails.
Advanced Features of EasySendy Pro
- Pro has been added with the feature to export all subscribers at once from all lists, and the user can also add company website to list company fields.
- The user can manually subscribe request approval in the email list.
- EasySendy Pro has been added with the feature whereby a customer can add custom campaign tags thereby enabling each and every data under that tag to appear at the same time.
- The user can even retry sending a campaign in case of a failure.
- One can also optionally track open.
- Pro has also been added with more options to click stats exporting.
- Customer register form has now been added with captcha.
- Also, one has the advantage now to display and search in lists, campaigns, and subscribers by their unique ID.
Hybrid email marketing solution, which allow the core functionality to be maintained in the cloud while accessing data from the centralized location play a significant role in meeting the tough challenges ahead. With hybrid email delivery solution, the e-commerce email marketing business can have the best of both worlds. The e-commerce email marketing campaign will be combining the security of in-house, on-premise technology and pairing it with the convenience of cloud to help e-commerce retailers communicate with the customers in a broader aspect throughout the customer lifecycle journey.