EasySendy Pro uses a generic (default) tracking domain to track all the emails (campaigns) sent through its servers by its users. The email tracking features like “email opens”, “email link clicks”, “Unsubscribe link clicks” are tracked through this default tracking domain. The domain name used by the tracking domain for this purpose is “app.easysendy.com” or “tracking.esendy.com”. But using a custom tracking domain which caters to your specific needs instead of using the default one provided by EasySendy Pro has its own perks. The default tracking domain works well for testing the services but it is no match for your own custom made tracking domain which caters to your specific needs.
The advantages of using a custom tracking domain instead of the default one provided by the service provider has some definite advantages of its own. Let’s go through those advantages first:
- In the fight against spam, white-labelling has become a must criterion so that the sent emails can land in the inbox where is it supposed to end up. A custom tracking domain, along with proper SPF and DKIM authentication, helps make your emails fully white labelled helping them reach the subscriber’s inbox rather than the spam folder.
- A custom tracking domain will help create your own brand image with no EasySendy Pro footprints, with which your subscribers will easily relate to.
- Another advantage of creating your own custom tracking domain is that it will allow you build your own sending reputation. The default tracking domain is being used by most of the users while testing their campaigns as well as in actual campaign delivery. This means that the overall sending reputation of the default tracking domain is a culmination of not only yours but the sending habits of all the users combined. This can sometimes hit your email delivery rates.
- Moreover, the visible component of the text in the email links will be branded with your domain name instead of EasySendy Pro domain name, which will make your subscribers much more confident in opening your emails and clicking links in your email body as they will be able to relate to your brand image.
Setting up your custom tracking domain is as simple as a walk in the park. Mentioned below are the simple steps that you need to take to have your own customized tracking domain.
- Make an entry on your DNS server. If your domain is “yahoo.com”, then you can set up a tracking domain like “tracking.yahoo.com”.
- Add a “CNAME” record in your DNS server so that the chosen sub-domain points to the EasySendy Pro “app.easysendy.com”. Note that you do not need to set up an actual sub-domain. All you need to do is to add a “CNAME” record that uses the custom sub-domain name that you created. In case you have an issue with adding the “CNAME” record in your DNS server, the DNS administrator can help you out.
- Once the above mentioned setup is done, go to the EasySendy Pro left Menu > Domains > Tracking Domains tab and change the tracking domain to the newly created domain.
- Activate Tracking Domain – After you have added tracking domain correctly, you should activate this Tracking domain setting from your SMTP delivery page. Then, the changes will take place.
Note: Unless you have added the “CNAME” record in your DNS, the application will not allow you to change the tracking domain. Also, you might have to wait for a few hours so that the changes can take effect.