Mailgun’s managed service will make sure of the high delivery rates for emails, analyze performance, track sent emails and even provides consultation for best email practices. Mailgun’s managed cloud services boasts of an industry-leading 100% network uptime guarantee and its global infrastructure allows emails to be delivered at top notch speeds.
Mailgun keeps track of all of the email statistics that includes the location of the email recipients, their devices and email clients, the links they clicked on, and many more. Users do not need even to login to their Mailgun account to check their email statistics. Mailgun has the ability to push a webhook to the user’s app whenever an action takes place on the sent emails. The Mailgun API offers much more than just sending of the emails. Users can send up to a thousand personalized email messages with a single API call, making it effortless to send out bulk mailings from an app.
Moreover, users can use tags to better segregate their email lists, run A/B tests or customize their emails specifically for their niche audience. On top of that, users can keep the conversation going with their audience through Mailgun’s inbound routing. One exceptionally useful feature of the Mailgun plugin is that it allows users to send emails even when the server does not support SMTP protocol or when the outbound SMTP is restricted since the plug-in uses the Mailgun HTTP API for sending emails in its default configuration.
Mailgun is a global company with more than 300,000 customers spread around 120 countries and overall annual revenue of $1.9 billion. Mailgun is an email automation engine used and trusted by over 10,000 website and application developers for sending, receiving and tracking emails.
Important features of Mailgun are as described below:
- Dedicated IP Address pool available to enhance deliverability
- Batch sending of emails for better email deliverability rates
- Automatic placement of “Unsubscribe” and “Complaint” links in the emails to be sent
- Mechanism to handle “bounces” and “complaints”
- Detailed event tracking including opens, clicks, bounces, unsubscribes, location of the email recipients, their devices and email clients, etc
- Tracking of the geolocation data of recipients
- Summary report on the “Top performing links” to give insights on how to enhance email link performance
- Event webhooks and APIs for accessing statistics on email actions even without logging into the Mailgun account
- A/B testing using tags to check the subject line and email template for optimizing response without sending actual emails
- Detailed logs and analytics to get better insights on the transactional emails and marketing campaigns
- Customized DKIM and SPF feature to enhance security and privacy of users
- Availability of the “Test Mode” feature to check email performance without sending emails
- Tagging of emails for better segregation and focused action
- Email address validation for reducing bounce rates due to wrong email addresses
Email sending capacity:
The email sending capacity is based on the payment plan chosen. The higher the plan, the more volume of emails the user can sent. Once the email sending volume is consumed, the user will be charged extra for sending more emails for the month.
Mailgun Pricing structure in detail:
Mailgun’s affordable and cost-effective pricing mechanism is on a “per use” basis. There are different pricing grades based on the volume of the emails. They are described as below:
- 10,000 emails per month free of cost
- 100,000 emails per month for a price of $45
- 300,000 emails per month for a price of $145
- 700,000 emails per month for a price of $316.5
Brief about analytic and tracking features” Other than the tracking of the normal email activities like clicks, opens, bounces, unsubscribes etc, Mailgun tracks a lot more email statistics including the location of the email recipients, their devices and email clients, the links they clicked on, and many more. Users do not need even to login into their Mailgun account to check their email statistics. Mailgun has the ability to push a webhook to the user’s app whenever an action takes place on the sent emails.
“Famous customers using Mailgun” Some of the more renowned organizations that use Mailgun are GitHub, Heroku, Zapier, CircleCi, PagerDuty, Slack, Stripe, StatusPage.io, AdRoil, Parse, UserVoice, etc
“Global presence and infrastructure” Rackspace Inc, the parent company for Mailgun, is a managed cloud computing company based in Texas, USA. It serves customers worldwide and has offices in USA, Australia, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Switzerland, Israel, India and Hong Kong. It has data centers in USA, Australia, United Kingdom and Hong Kong.