Email Marketing with Amazon SES
Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) is a cost-effective cloud-based bulk email service built on the reliable and scalable infrastructure that is developed by Amazon.com. Email marketing with Amazon SES gives you a range of sophisticated features which makes it an ideal solution for sending your bulk email campaigns. Moreover, with this solution, you only pay for what you use. Amazon web services (AWS) is a business unit within Amazon.com which was officially launched in 2006. It provides online services (web services) for other websites and client-side applications on a cloud computing platform offered by its parent organization, Amazon.com. All these services are billed based on the usage of the service.
Important features of Amazon SES Email marketing services are:
- High Deliverability by the use of better content filtering technologies, complaint feedback loops with major ISPs, authentication mechanisms like Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) and Sender Policy Framework (SPF).
- Multiple cloud-based Email-Sending Interfaces like Amazon SES console, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and Amazon SES API.
- Availability of better Statistics regarding your sending activity like successful delivery attempts, rejected messages, bounces, and complaints on a real-time basis via a single API call or by using the Amazon SES console.
- Better notification mechanisms to forward you bounce, complaint, and delivery notifications through Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) or through email (only for bounce and complaint).
- Amazon SES Mailbox Simulator can be used to test the various email-sending scenarios like a successful acceptance, a hard bounce, a complaint, an out-of-office auto response, system’s maximum throughput, etc without affecting your sending quota or your bounce and complaint metrics.