SparkPost Integration Guide
Follow these steps for SparkPost Integration with EasySendy Pro account:
- Register / sign-up with SparkPost account
- Add email sending domain name into SparkPost account
- Verify domain name with DKIM and SPF records
- Add abuse and postmaster emails to email sending domain ( optional )
- Add SparkPost account in EasySendy Pro Delivery Server
- Validate Delivery Server in EasySendy Pro account
- Confirm bounce and complaint files are setup properly
- Disable Duplicate open and click Tracking
- Send a test email campaign with SparkPost
Register / sign-up with SparkPost account
Register you new SparkPost account from here: https://app.sparkpost.com/sign-up
SparkPost gives 100,000 emails free each month, more pricing can be found here- https://www.sparkpost.com/pricing
Add email sending domain name into SparkPost account
1.After SparkPost account confirmation, login to your SparkPost account.
2. Navigate to Account > Sending Domains
3. Add the domain name from which you want to send emails.
4. Click Add Domain button.
Verify domain name with DKIM and SPF records
5. Add SPF record at DNS of the added sending domain name. Follow this host specific DNS update guide.
6. Add DKIM record at DNS of the added sending domain name. Follow this host specific DNS update guide.
Note: Only 1 of the 4 verification methods is required per domain. SPF Text Record or DKIM Record is recommended for better deliverability.
Add abuse and postmaster emails to email sending domain ( optional )
7. Its a good practice to add abuse@ and postmaster@ emails on your sending email domains. Add these emails and verify the same.
Note: If you are using Google Apps, you might not be able to create these emails, follow this tutorial.
After this step, observer “Ready to Send” icon at right of added domain name and then, follow the next step of integration.
Add SparkPost account in EasySendy Pro Delivery Server
8. Create API at your SparkPost account. Go to SparkPost Dashboard > Account > Api Keys > Click “New API Key” button.
9. Now on next screen, give “API Key Name” and under API Permissions, click “Select All”. You can leave “Allowed IPs field blank.
Finally, click “Add API Key” Button.
10. From next screen, copy the API key.
11. Now you are ready to use the domain name. From EasySendy Pro Dashboard, go to Delivery Servers > Server Settings > Add SparkPost Web Api.
You can follow this SparkPost integration guide too:
On new screen add Name of the delivery server according to your convenience.
12. Add SparkPost API key from previous screen to EasySendy delivery server screen. Then, add “From Email”, “From Name” and finally, save the settings.
Validate Delivery Server in EasySendy Pro account
13. Now you need to validate your server, add an email address, where you can receive validation email. Followed by this, receive the validation email, and click on validation link from the email.
14. Confirm you have validated and activated the server in EasySendy Pro delivery server dashboard.
Confirm bounce and complaint files are setup properly
15. After validation of SparkPost delivery server successfully completes, you can check SparkPost webhooks and confirm, if EasySendy Pro bounce and complaint files are successfully added to your account.
For this inside your SparkPost account, go to, Account > Webhooks and check the webhooks of format app.easysendy.com/
Disable Duplicate open and click Tracking
16. You need to disable tracking in your SparkPost account, otherwise your open and click rate will have duplicate value inside email campaign report.
Goto Account > SMTP RELAY > Engagement Tracking inside your SParkPost account.
Then select Disable Tracking > Update Settings.